…and other things I feel compelled to share with you today.
1. Yesterday I had a holy-crap-I’m-in-the-fucking-army-how-the-fuck-did-I-get-to-this-point moment. It was weird and prompted me to ask Andrew if he ever has such moments. He says he does, but he might have been trying to keep me from going on a tangent, which would have delayed him getting on the treadmill. I don’t know why the weird realization hit, but it was like I was hibernating and awoke to find my life totally different. Part of it was the army thing, which still, after almost four years, kinda shocks the shit out of me, but part of it was, holy shit I’m 23 and I’ve done nothing except for turn oxygen into carbon dioxcide. Which is not entirely true. Or maybe it is, but I don’t want to talk about it.
2. I will be leaving Camp Bondsteel in exactly 19 days (counting today) and, while I am trying not to think about it, I can’t help but get really excited about venturing back to the states and driving my car. Seriously. I just want to drive my car fast, on an open highway, with loud music blaring, and the windows down. If I could do that once a month while on deployment, it’s possible that I would be the happiest girl in the whole wide world.
4. With an alarmingly snarky day behind me, I woke up this morning feeling refreshed and much less like turbo-bitch. I think it’s a plus, although turbo-bitch makes me laugh out loud.
5. This blog prompted me to make a great big comment that was ridiculously long and that I almost turned into a blog about sexual assualt in the military. One thing, that still just proves to me that fate works and exists, is that in my last semester before the deployment, I wrote a research paper about sexual assault in the military and then, not even a month after I turned it in, I found out I was going to Kosovo. I like to think it was the universe’s way of saying, “hey, head’s up, sometimes shit sucks.” It’s such a strange issue for me and putting it into words is not something I can do easily, but maybe, if you’re good and behave yourselves, I’ll attempt it in a blog one day. Maybe.
6. I think Big Red, as in America’s #1 Cinnamon Gum, is the spiciest shit in the world. I also think nerds are the most sour candy known to man, mostly because I can’t handle anything else. I’m such a weenie.
7. My favorite word in the whole world is “livid.” What’s funny is I didn’t relate this to my sometimes raging anger addiction until recently. No, the girl who loves the word livid and who used to write it on her notebooks isn’t angry, oh no, she’s a little angel.