Sometimes it’s fun to find neat things and put them here so that I can find them again, but also so that you get to experience some awesomeness as well.
- 15 Reasons Mister Rogers Was the Best Neighbor Ever – Seriously. Mister Rogers was awesome, not only because he was Mister Rogers and he delighted us when we were much, much younger, but because he was a good person. This article, from Mental Floss, lists reason #5 for why he was the best neighborr ever, as the fact that he might have been the most tolerant American ever. If that’s not awesome, I don’t know what is.
- Learning to Love You More – Cool stuff you can do. It has lists. It has cool stuff to do, like #40 Heal Yourself, #15 Hang a wind-chime in a tree in a parking lot, and, one of my favorites, #11 Photograph a scar and write about it. It’s just nifty. I think I just like the idea of people sharing things about themselves like that, or people doing things to better everyone. Wouldn’t it be neat to find a wind-chime chiming in a parking lot?
- Evolution of Execution – And now for something totally different, this is from mental floss again, but I found in on neatorama.com, which I love. Mental floss puts a lot of good, useless information out into the world, and for that I’m very thankful. This fascinating little link will take you through the history of some of the more fascinating forms of execution, from crushing by an elephant, the Cave of Roses in Sweden, and much, much more. It’s a good thing the Sweden chilled out a little bit because the Cave of Roses sounds horrid. Even better, this this article even mentions pirates. It just doesn’t get better than that folks!
- Passive-Agressive Notes – This should be self-explanatory, but if not, it’s notes from roommates, neighbors, strangers, crazy people, etc. I think stuff like this is in again in the same vein as found and PostSecret. People like me just like to see people be people and bitch at each other in little notes. It’s like peeking into the lives of others and it’s fabulous.
- Animal Pictures – Cute and little, sometimes big, even some that are just plain rare. I love cute animal pictures in the morning. It makes me happy.
Lastly, I’d like to say, yet again, that I love lists. They are one of the great joys in my life, which might be one reason why they’re everywhere now. I’ve got my 101 in 1001, which has spawned several other lists, which rocks, and then I make blog entries that are really actually lists. I don’t know why I like them so much. Maybe it makes me feel organized even though I’m really, really not organized at all.