The very cool, constant source of humor that is Valerie over at Made in Richmond tagged me with the eight habits meme. Here are eight habits of mine that you may, or may not, be aware of:
- I hit the snooze button exactly one time every morning.
- Shower time is conducted in the same way every single day: Take off clothes, put on robe, grab shower gear, walk outside, go two doors down and into the bathroom, put shower gear down, brush teeth, while brushing teeth take shower gear out of caddy and put it in the shower, pee, get in shower, wash hair, wash body and shave. If I do something out of order it confuses my entire day and will, eventually, lead to me forgetting important things.
- After all the necessary morning preparation, I walk to my roommate’s side of the room, police her up, walk to the building next door and police up my best (male) friend, we smoke, then we walk to work together. If one of them is missing, it feels wrong. And lonely.
- At lunch, I always grab a tray, a plate, a knife, a fork, and a spoon. I think it’s left over from Basic Training when the Drill Sergeants told us we had to take one of everything, even if we knew we wouldn’t be using a spoon to eat that day. I just never got over it.
- At the end of the day when I get home, as soon as I get to my room, I take off my jacket, my ID badge, and my boots. Everything else can wait. Again, this is something that must go in order, if not…well, I don’t want to think about it.
- I check my blog every day after I get home from work.
- I read before bed every night.
- I randomly reach to the back to my head and check to make sure my bun is still there about twenty times a day. I don’t know why I do this. Maybe I’m subconsciously afraid that it’s not going to be there one time and my life is going to be suddenly empty. Or, I’m just crazy.