The way people find my blog is fascinating. The searches that lead people here are humorous, strange, obvious and, without a doubt, supremely interesting.
Each day, several people find me by wondering about cows. How to fatten a cow my guests wonder, prompting me to ponder the fattening of Hansel and Gretel. There is, for reasons beyond me, the more frequent query: do cows like lettuce? I have no answer, as I never attempted to give the cows I helped raise lettuce, although I see no reason why cows wouldn’t like lettuce. Cows are, by nature, the eaters of green things, and lettuce is, usually, green.
Then there are the daily Camp Bondsteel queries. These queries take different forms. Sometimes it is simply Bondsteel, other times Bondsteel in Kosovo, Camp Bondsteel Blogs, Camp Bondsteel 2007, or the conspiracy theorist wondering what really goes on at Camp Bondsteel. To you dear lover of conspiracy, I say there are no strange goings-on at Camp Bondsteel. We’re not a secret CIA prison as some websites would have you believe, nor are there any aliens here. Sorry, but that’s just the way it is.
Also, seeing as KFOR 9 has been mobilized and is now undergoing training at Camp Atterbury, the number of KFOR 9 and Camp Atterbury 2007 queries have increased significantly over the past few weeks. To you people, whether you’re family members or Soldiers heading off to Kosovo in support of KFOR 9, I did some hunting around on the internets and found a few blogs by KFOR 9 Soldiers. The first one is here. The second one is here. To see up-to-date pictures and stories of what is happening in Kosovo right now with KFOR 8, please visit our website at kfor8.com. If you want to know what life at Camp Bondsteel is like, I think you’ll find this very informative.
More frequently than not, the searches make me laugh out loud. Take for example the following searches that have led people here:
- Poems about being happy with popcorn – I can’t help wondering if this is code for something. Or maybe it is less exciting than I’d like to believe and this query was from someone like me, someone who deems popcorn as a healthy and wonderful part of life.
- My sultry lover poems
- I’m a giant Q!
- Limes plus Kosovo – Inevitably I think that Kosovo must be some sort of alcoholic beverage that I don’t know about, one that might require lime, but, the questioner asks, how much lime?
- Weirdest person – I am amused that people enter searches for weirdest person and find me. What, exactly, must that say about me?
- Seafood makes me gag – There it is! A like minded individual, someone who agrees with me that yes, seafood is gag worthy. You, fellow hater of seafood, are more than welcome here.
- 3 MUSKETEERS BODY TATTOO – Proof that I love chocolate lies in my response to this query. My immediate thought is, why would any one want to tattoo a 3 musketeers candy bar on their body?
Thank you, all of you, for your strange and thought-provoking queries. You fascinate me.
And what about you? What searches lead readers to you?