Way back in March I decided to create this list of 101 things and give myself 1001 days to complete all 101 tasks. I was pretty gung ho about accomplishing tasks for a few months, but then I realized that I was in Kosovo and that a lot of my goals required me to not be in Kosovo in order to accomplish them. Then September hit and I realized that I would be leaving Kosovo so I picked five things I thought I could accomplish as soon as I got home and, well, um…I’ve only accomplished one of those five things so far, BUT, I have accomplished other things on the big list, so, maybe it’s time for an update? Yes? Yes.
11. Move away from home. (Also on the September list) : So yeah, I did get an apartment and whatnot but I don’t count this task as complete yet because I still have a butt-ton of stuff at my mother’s that I want out of there before I cross this task off. If I’m to be honest, I can say this is probably 60% complete, which does not give me license to cross it off. Yet. And really, the only reason this hasn’t been crossed off yet is because I’m a bum and lack the motivation to drive to Front Royal, Va. So ultimately I have no one to blame but myself (Grrrr Self).
27. Find and purchase a couch that is both attractive and comfortable. : Done. Oh yeah. At some point I’ll take a picture of this couch in all of it’s beauty but for now, let me just say that it’s green (well, lime) and that I love it and that while it is lacking in pillows right now, sooner or later, once I accomplish #11 and get my sewing machine set up down here, it will have pillows and be only more fabulous than it already is.
31. Purge my closet. : Also, done.
37. Buy a new bed and new bedding. (Also on the September list) : Done. My bed is fabulous and comfortable and delicious and I really should also take a picture of it because I really don’t want it to feel like the ugly stepchild next to the couch.
43. Stay a size 4. : Apparently sizes got bigger while I was gone because when I went to get jeans it was decided that I was a 2, not a 4, despite the fact that I had the same style and brand of jeans that say 4 and they fit the same way a 2 does. It’s confusing. Still, I’m not crossing this off until the end of the challenge because it’s a long term goal and whatnot.
45. Learn to cook at least five really great meals. [0/5] : Um, this is coming along slowly I think. The good news is that I still remember how to cook spaghetti. Oh, and I also made chicken one night that was mostly delicious. Mostly. I think the next step to accomplishing this task is to spend some time online downloading recipes and trying them and planning meals around them. Truthfully, the biggest obstacle I’ve found regarding this task is that cookies don’t count as meals.
62. Buy new dinnerware. : Done, mostly. I’m still collecting unique pieces to add some fun to my dinnerware collection, but for the most part, this task is complete.
63. Change my life drastically. : I think this is done. Nothing is as it was a year and a half ago and if that doesn’t count as drastic change, than I don’t know what does.
66. Eat at 10 new restaurants. [1/10] : Again, this is a work in progress and likely will be a work in progress for a while. The one new restaurant is Capital Ale House which, for some reason, I had never been to before last week.
80. Start a tradition. : Done and already acted upon. My new tradition is to go and see movies at the movie theater on holidays, especially Thanksgiving and Christmas. I feel like this is small start, but a start nonetheless.
82. Create a list of 101 reasons why I love someone else. : Done. It’s actually more than just a list. It’s a video.
92. Learn to enjoy wine. : Uh, I’m working on it. I’ll always prefer beer, but being wine drunk is kinda fun.
See! I told you I’ve made progress!