The things that are happening, and the start of the Honeymoon Tales

30 Jan

So we’re still moving. Yeah, it’s been almost a week now but that’s a whole other long, drawn out story that would likely involve foul language if I decided to disclose it here, so I won’t. The good news is we should be done with the whole moving thing tomorrow. That’s the theory anyway. The downfall of being moved into the new apartment tomorrow means we won’t have internet over there. Not until Saturday, which I know is only two days away, but still. I’m addicted to these here internets. I can’t help it. I love them. It’s a vice, I know, and ultimately not having internet for the next few days will likely mean that I actually accomplish things like unpacking, maybe some baking, cleaning and other necessary tasks, but still. I hate not having internet. It makes me feel like I’m missing something.

The best thing about the new apartment is the great big windows that let in LOTS of natural light. Light is wonderful, as is sunshine, and I absolutely adore being able to experience both in my living room. Also, big windows means I have to make curtains, which is mostly what I’ve been doing every second that I haven’t been moving stuff across the hall from the old apartment to the new apartment. As it turns out, using a sewing machine is not that difficult and, more importantly, it’s so simple, even I can do it! Oh, and I promise that someday I will actually post pictures of that pillow I made and yeah, once the curtains are up, I’ll post a picture of them too. Eventually.

So, the honeymoon. The first thing you need to know is that it was freakin’ awesome. The second thing you need to know is we had so much fun that it’s almost ridiculous.

We left Vegas the day after we got married, bright and entirely too early in the morning. But, we slept on the plane, all adorable like and I carried my bouquet with me which meant people kept asking if we were newlyweds and we’d say yes and look all cute and then complete strangers would tell us congratulations and really, it was awesome. Even the stewardesses were all excited for us, and one, a retired Army lieutenant colonel, actually demanded that I hand over my camera and let her see pictures. It was amusing in that almost crazy sort of way. Seriously, I think she should have been sitting down because we were landing while she was looking at all the pictures on my camera and sure, she was probably just being nice, but she was kinda scary.

Anyway, we flew from Vegas to Orlando. Once in Orlando we got picked up by a town car and taken to our hotel in Cape Canaveral. What we realized as soon as we got outside of the airport at Orlando was that it was hot in Florida. Also, Florida has it’s own smell. I can’t describe it, but trust me when I say it smells like Florida.

We checked into our hotel, got free drinks because, again, my bouquet was evidence of our newlyweddedness (not a word, but, really, it should be.), found our room, dropped our bags, and then spent the rest of the night sitting outside, breathing in Florida, laughing at the pack of cats that the hotel lets hang out, and basking in the glow of our first 24 hours as husband and wife. Really, it was gross and precious at the same time.

After spending a night in Cape Canaveral we got on our cruise ship, the Mariner of the Seas. The ship was beautiful and huge and everything that a cruise ship should be.

The first night on the ship we explored. We figured that finding out where everything was located would make for an easier time later on in the cruise, and so we went and explored the ice rink, the theater, the Royal Promenade, the three story dining rooms, the putt-putt course, the pools, the buffet, the rock climbing wall and some other stuff that I’ve forgotten already.

One thing that made both of us super happy was the awesome people we were seated with for dinner. One couple had gotten married the day after we did and the other couple was celebrating their 15th wedding anniversary. They were all very, very, very cool people and really, we might have bothered the people sitting around us because we were constantly laughing so hard, but you know what? Who cares? We had fun.

Day one on cruise ship was spent at sea and so we napped. All day. Except for breakfast, and then lunch, and then dinner. Obviously we ate. That’s what people do on cruises. And we also sat outside on the balcony and watched the ocean go by which doesn’t sound that exciting, but actually is pretty wonderful and soothing.


Day two was crazy exciting and one of the best days of the whole cruise but I’m tired and should probably go move that one last box to the other apartment (grumble, grumble, grumble), so you’ll just have to wait. I can tell you that the picture at the very top of my blog was taken on day two.


4 Responses to “The things that are happening, and the start of the Honeymoon Tales”

  1. Valerie January 31, 2008 at 6:51 AM #

    When Ross and I were on the plane headed to Mexico for our honeymoon, I apparently got a really dreamy look on my face. Ross asked, “What are you thinking about?” And I answered with a sigh, “My bouquet.”

  2. instatick January 31, 2008 at 8:23 AM #

    Ha! Valerie, that’s awesome!

  3. indian matrimonials February 2, 2008 at 5:25 AM #

    really nice one and keep it up! for indian matrimonials

  4. titus2woman February 5, 2008 at 3:32 PM #

    OH this is too GREAT! (((((HUGS))))) sandi~sooo happy for y’all!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: