Ugh. It’s been rainy and gross all day today and yesterday and there’s promise of more rain in the forecast and really? I’m over it. But, that said, I know I’ll whine no matter what. I know once summer swings into full force here, I’ll be bitchin’ about the heat and praying for some rain. I’m ridiculous, I know. But since today has been so yucky, and since I’ve gotten drenched in the rain twice today, and since my drive home was miserable due to pouring down rain and massive puddles in the road, I think I need a dose of the happy, so here’s numbers 31-40.
31. Lucky Charms. Really, they’re the best way for me to start my day. I didn’t get much kid cereal when I was a kid and I think I’m definitely making up for it now.
32. Rearranging furniture. Lately, I’ve been wanting to change the way my living room is laid out. It just makes me happy to put in a few hours of reorganization and then get the satisfaction of feeling like I’m in a totally different (and much better) space.
33. A clean kitchen. Yeah, I know, I’m silly, but I’m just happier when there aren’t any dishes in the sink.
34. My new job. I’m still liking it. It keeps me busy, makes the days absolutely fly by and already, I’ve learned a ridiculous amount of new things.
35. Cats. I claim to not be a cat person, but really, I love them. I like to play with them, and pet them, and hold them, and love them.
36. Beer. I never used to like it but somehow, probably due to small budgets and determination, I’ve fallen in love with it.
37. Getting into a bed with fresh, clean sheets. I love the smell of clean sheets, the feel of sheets stretched tight across a mattress and the comfy-ness of unmessed sheets.
38. Fresh flowers in a vase on my dining table.
39. Good finds at the thrift store.
40. Penguins. They’re just so damn cute, how can they not make me happy?