It was allegedly 36 degrees Fahrenheit outside when I woke up this morning. That is damn near freezing, in case you didn’t know. We left a window open overnight to combat the completely illogical heat that seemed to have been trapped in my apartment. It was 66 in the bedroom when we woke up this morning. I’m not exaggerating much when I say I almost froze to death.
I was all excited about fall and now? Yeah, not so much now that it’s actually getting ridiculously close to freezing in the nighttime. I’m afraid I might end up inadvertently going as an ice cube for Halloween and I really, really don’t want to do that.
I suppose now can make soup though. I bought everything I need to make my fabulous and wickedly easy Minestrone soup last weekend but the heat was so oppressive that I just couldn’t rationalize having hot soup for dinner because soup is for fall, not summer and contrary to what the weather is like this week, last week was most definitely summer.
Also, boo freakin’ hoo.
I was tagged by the fabulous Zipcode to list 7 (my lucky number) Random/Weird/Whatever Facts about Me.
1. I always wear too much mascara. And I don’t intend to stop either. The spider look works for me, okay?
2. My dog is a snuggle-butt and because I love her SO SO SO much I give her kisses on the dog cheek every morning that I find her snuggled between me and the Husband.
3. I keep getting the overwhelming sense that this woman who wears heels and office attire everyday is not really me at all. Most days, I feel like an imposter.
4. I am almost always cold. Much to the distress of my husband the coldest my thermostat ever read in the summer was a cozy 77 degrees – and even then I’d often have to curl up in a blanket to stop from freezing to death. How I’m going to survive the winter, I’m not sure.
5. Broccoli is one of my most favorite foods.
6. I am almost always the person behind the camera. Aside from my wedding pictures and a few pictures from the honeymoon, there are virtually no pictures of me from the past year. And I don’t really mind – too much.
7. I am completely obsessed with painting every room in my house some fabulously bright color, even though we don’t even have a house yet and probably won’t for at least another few months.
Consider yourself tagged.
Stay tuned for a wickedly funny video of Sadie the Flying HuskyMutt. Is hilarious. I promise.