Sometimes I amaze myself. I just wrote, and almost posted, a blog post detailing the reasons I hate my job. Hating my job is that thing I didn’t want to talk about on the internets where anyone could come find me because I thought it would be ridiculous to do so but now that it’s Monday, I could care less. In the midst of writing that post though, I realized I’m being a snot because at least I have a damn job. Lots of people don’t right now and for me to complain is just silly. Plus, and this is the really good news, I GOT THE JOB I APPLIED AND INTERVIEWED FOR A FEW WEEKS AGO. Which means, basically, YAY!
BUT, holy crap is my to-do list full and holy crap are we going to be busy for the entire month of December plus there’s that whole MOVING INTO A NEW HOUSE thing to remember about…here’s just a sample of the tasks I need to complete this week:
- Say yes to job offer and complete all the necessary paperwork
- Become a homeowner on Thrusday and not pull my hair out with absolute fear and terror and excitment and glee
- Give notice of my intended departure at my current job
- Make something delicious to take to the holiday social for my husband’s work which will soon also be my work (yes, we’ll be working together)
- Attend that holiday social on Friday
- Attend a promotion ceremony on Saturday
- Buy a refrigerator
- Make final decisions on paint colors and start painting the house
- Set up the Christmas tree
- Start moving our stuff out of the apartment and into the (beautiful and wonderful) house
- Purchase/make and wrap Christmas gifts
- Maintain small thread of sanity between all the house-buying, new-job-starting, holiday-festivity-attending, refrigerator-buying insanity
Also, why is every women around me suddenly pregnant? Is it something in the water? Should I not be drinking the water? Will the Brita protect me? I am not in the least bit ready for the babies yet so please, please, don’t let the water be contaminated with pregnancy.