KK over at oh hay, it’s kk said I had to do this. So I am.
1. I always hated the color orange but now my living room has both a bright orange throw and some bright orange in the rug. I love it.
2. Today I’m going to get tickets to see Third Eye Blind. I have loved them forever. Since high school. Seriously – my love for them knows no limits. And yet, I’ve never gotten to see them in concert and now they are finally coming to my city and I could not be more excited.
3. Today and tomorrow, for work, I get to hang out at the Richmond International Raceway and watch race cars go around a track. While I’m not necessarily a NASCAR fan at all, it’s still sort of neat that I get to go – for free – with a press pass. Did I mention I love my job?
4. I’m trying to determine how I feel about the possibility of deploying to Afghanistan of Iraq in a year or so. Nothing’s final but there’s been talk of it. I want to go. I really do. Except for that I don’t want to leave my house for a year. Had we not become homeowners in the past year, I’d be jumping up and down with excitement about the possibility of it all. And then I think – does that make me crazy?
5. I want to build something. Furniture something. Except for I don’t know how, although there’s no better time to learn than the present I guess, right?
6. I really, really, really want to host a big Thanksgiving dinner this year. Last year we had three friends over and that was cool and all (except that they were assholes and showed up just in time to eat and then promptly left), but this year I want to cook a whole turkey, not just a turkey breast. I’ve got a dining table that seats eight – and dammit! – I want to fill that table with people! If I know you in real life, and if you don’t have someplace to go – you should come here so I can attempt to not poison you.
7. A friend of ours wanted to borrow our grill for his birthday BBQ on Sunday. We said no and I feel like an asshole about it except for that it’s my damn grill and it was expensive and we haven’t even had it that long and I’m determined he’d break it. Because when my things get moved by friends, that’s what happens. They get broken. Case in point – my coffee table. I mean really, who moves grills that weigh over a hundred pounds?
8. If I win the lottery, I’m totally moving to San Francisco.
9. I really, really want to start running again but I just can’t seem to find the motivation. I hate how inconsistent I am with exercise. One day I’ll be queen of kicking my own ass and then the next day all I want to do is eat ice cream. FAIL.
10. I want to get a great big map and stick it on the wall and mark of all the places I’ve traveled to. My grandmother has one and I’ve marveled at in my entire life. Now I just need to find the right wall to put it on.
Instead of tagging anyone, I’m asking you, dear reader, to tell me one or two things about yourself. Please? Pretty please with a cherry on top?