So. I’m working on this project. And it’s all sorts of crazy important and has to be done in the very near future and, seeing as I’ve been working on it for-fucking-ever, I’m sick of it. Totally tired of it. Plus, I’m too close to it.
You know when you work on something so much and put so much effort into something that it just starts to seem terrible and no good? Yeah, I’m getting there. And that’s pretty standard for me. I’ve found that, when working with video and especially when working with one certain video product for an extended period of time and after trying all sorts of different things, everything just starts to get jumbled and it’s really, really, really hard to look at the video as one final piece. Instead I just see all the little bits that went into it and then my head explodes. Which is messy and unfortunate and really puts a damper on me getting anything accomplished.
Today, I’d rather be:
- Painting stripes on the ceiling in Andrew’s office. Call me crazy, but I think yellow and white stripes in a navy blue room would look super sexy and fun.
- Napping. I woke up entirely too early this morning because Andrew is insane and woke up early to go to the gym and then the dog jumped from his side of the bed onto ME as she left the bedroom. She’s such a FurBitch sometimes.
- Baking. It’s cold now, and rainy, and so all I want to do is make cookies and pies and brownies and bread because I haven’t in so long because summer was really, really hot and I’m too much of a cheapskate and a tree-hugger to turn the A/C on too high.
- Painting the downstairs bathroom. As crazy as I may or may not be for wanting to paint yellow stripes on the ceiling, I’m also totally not crazy at all and quite possibly super boring because we’re painting the bathroom downstairs white. Plain. Old. White.
- Drinking some very hot Lady Grey Tea. It’s freezing in this house of mine. I turned on the heat just a little bit but it’s still not enough to take the edge off and I’m currently sitting here in fleece pants, furry socks, and a hoodie with the hood pulled up over my ears. AND IT’S ONLY OCTOBER!
- Bitching about the naming of Richmond’s new minor league baseball team. The team name is being decided today at 2:30 and the options are: Flying Squirrels, Hush Puppies, Flatheads, Rhinos & Rock Hoppers. Seriously. I think they are the worst names ever. That said, I will probably still attend games no matter what stupid, stupid, stupid name they choose since I live just two miles from the stadium. BUT, in quiet protest, you can bet your ass I won’t buy a t-shirt.
- Napping in front of a fire. For obvious reasons.
- Frolicking on the beach in some exotic, beautiful, tropical location where it never gets any colder than 75 and there’s always a nice tropical breeze and where tanned, muscled men bring me fruity alcoholic beverages with umbrellas in them.
I know I was all, “bring on the autumn weather!” but, as it turns out, I’m totally not ready for that. I’m not ready for temperatures in the 50s, or the 40s for that matter. I’m not ready for cold, yucky rain. I’M NOT READY! Also, given that I was playing in the waves on Saturday and basking in the sun, this cold weather shit seems exceptionally cruel.
What would you rather be doing?