Sometimes I spend entirely too much daydreaming about what I would do if I won the lottery. Andrew and I, when the winnings get up to 9 figures, frequently discuss what we would do with the money. How would our lives change? What would we do with all that money? What charities would give money to? Would we keep our house?
I think, at the very least, I’d do the following:
– Buy our neighbors house. Bulldoze it. Put in a pool. It’s not so much that I hate our neighbors. They’ve been nice, for the most part. It’s just their house acts as the #1 hangout spot for all the underage hoodlums on our block and I’ve grown really, really tired of hearing Hoodlum #47 stand outside our neighbor’s house yelling “Hey, Coop!” at all hours of the night and day. Plus, I really hate looking out my guest room window and seeing the mountains of crap they have piled in their yard. I’d much rather have a pool back there. And a garage. And a buttload of flowers.
– Make a bigger kitchen. I do love the kitchen I have now, but I really wish I had room for an island with some bar stools. Every single time we entertain I end up with a herd of people in my kitchen and it’d be nice if those people could sit on bar stools instead of on my countertops.
– Travel. For like three months. I don’t know where we’d go, but trust me, we’d go.
– Donate lots o’ money. We’d give some to our families of course and then we’d just throw money at our favorite charities.
– Go back to school full time. As much as I would like to think I would keep my job if I suddenly became a multi-millionaire, I know that’s bullshit. Sure, I love my job. But why keep it when I can do anything?
– Adopt puppies. Lots of them. In fact, I’d probably just make a room in my house called the puppy room where people can go and get kissed and snuggled by a herd of puppies.
What would you do if you had a million dollars?