Find #25 among it’s friends in the complete 101 in 1001 list.
A Few Rules:
– In order to include a book, I must have read it in it’s entirety.
– Books in a series will be counted as one entry.
– Anthologies can be included on the list; however, no more than three books on the top 50 can be anthologies, and they must be designated as such.
– Books of poetry are not to be included.
– This list, due it’s designation as “all-time favorite” can include books that I enjoyed as a child, or young adult.
– One play is allowed to be on the list; however, it must be designated as such.
- The Life of Pi- by Yann Martel
- The Mists of Avalon – by Marion Zimmer Bradley [read: 07/08]
- White Oleander – by Janet Fitch [read: 01/08]
- A Solitary Blue- by Cynthia Voight
- The Virgin Suicides- by Jeffrey Eugenides
- The Giver – by Lois Lowry
- Illusions – by Richard Bach
- Valley of the Dolls – by Jacqueline Susann [read: 05/08]
- Girl, Interrupted – by Susanna Kayson
- Go Ask Alice – by Anonymous [read: 2.22.08]
- Lolita – Vladimir Nabokov [read: 11.08]
- A Walk to Remember – by Nicholas Sparks
- Just as Long as We’re Together – by Judy Blume
- The Giving Tree – by Shel Silverstein [read: 06.08]
- The Harry Potter Series – by J.K. Rowling
[HP & the SS read: 5.22.07]
[HP & the CoS read: 5.31.07]
[HP & the PoA read: 6.10.07]
[HP & the GoF read: 6.16.07]
[HP & the OoP read: 6.25.07]
[HP & the HBP read: 7.08.07]
[HP & the DH read: 8.13.07]
- Summer Sisters- by Judy Blume
- Jonathon Livingston Seagull – by Richard Bach
- The Hours – by Michael Cunningham
- Tuesdays with Morrie- by Mitch Albom
- The Devil Wears Prada – by Lauren Weisberger
- Beloved – by Toni Morrison
- Night – Elie Wiesel
- Fences – by August Wilson – PLAY
- The Bell Jar – by Sylvia Plath
- Things Fall Apart – by Chinua Achebe
- Dangerous Angels – by Francesca Lia Block [read:3.26.08]
- Mrs. Dalloway – Virginia Woolf
- Smashed: Story of a Drunken Girlhood – Koren Zailckas
- Prozac Nation – Elizabeth Wurtzel
- Into the Wild – John Krakauer [read: 08.08]
- The Diary of Anne Frank – Anne Frank
- Kitchen Confidential – Anthony Bourdain [read: 11.18.08]
- Lord of the Flies – by William Gerald Golding
- Green Eggs and Ham – by Dr. Seuss
- Island of the Blue Dolphins – by Scott O’Dell
- Animal Farm – by George Orwell
- Death Be Not Proud – John Gunther
- Me & Emma – by Elizabeth Flock [read: 04.26.07]
- A Child Called “It”- by Dave Pelzer [read: 04.28.07]
- Serious Girls – by Maxine Swann [read: 07.11.07]
- Thirteen Moons – by Charles Frazier [read: 07.30.07]
- The Chronicles of Narnia – by C.S. Lewis [read: 09.30.07]
- The Lovely Bones – Alice Sebold [read: 10.03.07]
- The Red Tent – Anita Diamant [read: 10.10.07]
- Prep – Curtis Sittenfeld [read: 12/07]
- Wicked – Gregory Maguire [read: 12/07]
- Pledged: The Secret Life Of Sororities – Alexandra Robbins [read 01/08]
- Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close – Jonathon Safran Foer [read: 03.12.08]
- The Kite Runner – Khaled Hosseini [read: 03.16.08]
- Eat, Pray, Love – Elizabeth Gilbert [read: 06/08]
Note: The books in bold are the books I have (re)read within the 1001 days of this challenge.
I would love suggestions for good books too, by the way.